Formation flying like never before
“TBS FLARM Buddy” adds the capability to see all your formation-flying UAV friends on the radar. It's an invaluable tool for anyone flying long range missions with multiple pilots! You will get a radar map that shows the distance, bearing and altitude difference between you and your peers (check screenshot above). You will also get a warning if you are on a collision path with another drone. “TBS FLARM Aviation” enables drone uses to see all traffic equipped with FLARM, including manned aircraft, helicopters and paragliders.
FLARM was designed in 2004 by Swiss pilots, following several fatal mid-air collisions between light aircraft. Despite the VFR-principle of “see and avoid”, in many situations it’s virtually impossible to see the other aircraft. At that time, mid-air collisions was among the most common causes of fatal accidents in light aircraft. FLARM gained fast market acceptance. As of today, around 35,000 manned aircraft, plus many other airborne systems and UAVs globally are already equipped with FLARM and the number is rapidly increasing. This makes FLARM the only widely used cooperative traffic information and collision avoidance technology in aviation.
Together with FLARM, TBS has recognized that these dangers in aircraft are comparable to the challenges in drone flying. While collisions have not yet happened and may probably not cause fatal accidents, it is one of the main concerns for regulators. FLARM outperforms ADS-B in terms of collision avoidance and warning. With FLARM installed, you are alerted of the current air traffic (radar map) and imminent collisions with other aircraft equipped with interoperable systems, so you can take action before it is too late.
Any safety technology has limitations. TBS FLARM is designed as a supplementary tool for UAV-only to support the drone pilot for safer and more efficient flights and fun. The full responsibility for a safe and legal conduct of your drone flights remains with the drone pilot.
- TBS Crossfire TX or TBS Crossfire Micro TX
- TBS Crossfire diversity receiver
- TBS CORE PRO or TBS FPVision
- TBS GPS/Compass
How to order:
- Add any FLARM product* to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- At checkout, you will be prompted for your serial number.
- Connect your Crossfire Diversity RX to the TBS Agent and navigate to the SERIALS tab.
- Copy-paste the serial number into the order form and finalize the checkout.
- You will receive an email with the code to enter in the SERIALS tab of the TBS Agent to unlock your functionality! **
* You can only purchase 1 FLARM License at a time.
** Each code is bound to the serial number you upload. The code is not portable to any other device and is not refundable. You will receive an email with your code within 24 hours.